Like something only a Corleone would do, Brian recorded his dominance over a friend? An enemy? Both? Who can tell? Brian is that cunning. He makes this kid nervous, but respectful. Brian only has to raise his voice to get results and while Brian disrespects this young man he does it in a confident, cool way that makes you think he might not have meant it that way.
In all honesty, if you include the non-sensical text he sent me it is clear that Brian is just worn out and frustrated. I think I have talked about this kid before, it’s the kid that Brian has to go to school with, the one that for whatever reason he is always annoying Brian, the kid with autism. Yes that kid. The kid that with two simple words, “boo” and “roar,” can drive Brian to Sonny Corleone crazy. But with the upcoming video, you see that he calmly and cooly sends a message to his friend just like Michael Corleone would have.
But first you have to read the text. While this is cryptic, as usual, I was able to deduce what he was saying, so for those of you who struggle or just aren’t getting it and are ready to throw in the towel, I will give my abridged translations in the paragraph immediately following.
- this is the annoying guy im talkin about and i still have be in the same place with him next year i just wanted 2 either stay here where i am next year. i just wanted 2 stay in the same building next year and let him go 2 the other building or me go 2 the other building and him stay back now the only thing i want 4 my birthday next year is to transfer back to the building im in now.
Yes for those of you counting at home, that is two sentences. In all fairness that’s how Brian really talks though. I mean, I could have actually been sitting right next to him hearing that exact word for word statement. He is that random and all over the place with his facts. What Brian is really doing here is capturing proof for, in all likely hood, me. He didn’t send this video to anyone else, so clearly this so that I would finally see what Brian had to “put up with” all year. It is not meant to be mean, or disrespectful, it’s just meant to have proof of their agreement so that Brian has confirmation in his mind that this kid will leave him alone next year. So sit back and enjoy Brian doing his best Goodfellas impression.
Now it’s time for a video breakdown. Did you guys get that Godfather vibe from that video too? Are you worried that maybe that kid will wake up with a horse head in his bed? To be honest, I still am even after watching that video a couple of times over.
- “Can you say hi to the video?” To Brian this is simply his introduction, his way to make sure everyone knows that we are starting. A bit abrasive, but Brian likes to get right down to business. Had this been something out of the Godfather, it would be a Corleone establishing dominance over the conversation by telling his friend what to do.
- He then politely asks his friend to PLEASE not say “boo” and “roar”, next year. I know it sounds like Brian is saying ra, but it was later confirmed by Brian himself that it was roar, like what a lion does. It’s nice to see Brian drop down some manners, but the reason I enjoy it so much is because of what he says in 3…2…1…
- “otherwise I might throw up.” Awwww snap! Brian basically just told that kid, you annoy me to the point that I am so physically repulsed by you that you almost make me vomit. If it was anyone else but Brian that’s a dirty move, but Brian is just brutally honest sometimes. To be honest I have never seen or heard of Brian throwing up. He might not even remember what a horrible, awful experience throwing up is, he probably heard the expression somewhere, someone else laughed at it, so Brian thought he would use it to get the same results. He pays WAY more attention than people think.
- Next he decides that he should talk down to this kid some. In a very condescending tone, he asks the kid to repeat back the verbal agreement that they had just made less than 5 seconds ago. If we think about this in Corleone terms he is doing this to belittle him in front of others, but also to have something to play back to him when Brian and his thugs, Zach-attack and M, have him tied up in a warehouse after he has welshed on this deal before they beat him senseless. For Brian he is simply at his wit’s end and he just wants to make sure that he wont have to put up with this kids antics for a full other year. Brian is the king of deals that ONLY favor him.
- “Ooooorrrrrrrrr?” He wasn’t about to let that kid skate on only not saying ONE of those words. Brian was determined to know that both words were part of the deal. But if this was a movie this would be the ultimate show of power, wouldn’t it? Brian proving that all he has to do is repeat one word and slightly inflect his voice. He’s not going as far as to shout, but his voice has definitely been raised. And he got exactly the response he was looking for.
- Followed by a quick little, under the breath almost, jab. “Yeah, none of that, K?” Brian is making sure all his i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed.
- And he ends it by acting all cool with the guy. “Cool.” Like yeah, we’re cool, only because you’re going to do exactly what I just told you to do. Otherwise my goons and I are going to work you over harder than a NBA roster would work over Lindsay Lohan. But for now, we’re cool.
- I can’t decide if Brian’s friend is quiet because he has autism, or because Brian is in fact annoying him, or if he is afraid of Brian? I mean he just sits there and lets Brian ridiculously record this conversation.
Go back and watch it again and see if you can see both Brian being Brian, but also the possible Corleone connection. Hysterically scary, scasterically. Add it.
- The kid can come up with new words. I don’ t think that Brian has thought this all the way through. Typical Sonny. I think it’s more the fact that this kid is always in Brian’s face and maybe even just saying the same things over and over again. What’s to stop him from coming up with two new words?
- The kid ignores Brian all together. If I am indeed correct about this kid just being annoyed with Brian, then that whole time he was thinking, Yeah whatever kid, make your little video and act all tough now, but what are you really going to do when 5 minutes after you finish I get right in your face and boo it up?
It’s like the season finale. Brian will be out of school soon and we will have to wait till the season picks up again in the fall before we find out how this will play out. What a cliff hanger huh?